Buyer Personas drive sales. Early adopters of Personas are showing a significant boost in ROI, and we've collected a list of mind-blowing Persona stats for you.
Personas help to create better customer experiences in a structured way. This results in more effective marketing and sales output, including increased profits, improved value propositions, better understanding of buyers and higher lead conversions.
- 44% of the B2B marketers have already discovered the power of Personas.
- 83% of B2B marketers expect to use Personas in the near future.
Here are some compelling reasons why you should join the party (if you haven’t yet). See what groovy moves those already on the dance floor are making.
Because you want to increase profits
- Companies who exceed lead and revenue goals are over twice as likely to create Personas than companies who miss these goals.
- 71% of companies who exceed revenue and lead goals have documented Personas.
- 47% of companies who exceeded sales and revenue goals consistently maintain their Personas.
- 37% of companies who simply meet revenue and lead goals have documented Personas.
Because you want to be more customer centric
- 90% of companies using Personas have been able to create a clearer understanding of who buyers are.
- 82% of companies using Personas have managed to create an improved value proposition.
- 70% of companies who miss revenue and lead goals do not account for the full buying committee with their Personas.
- 65% of companies who exceed lead and revenue goals have updated their Personas within the last 6 months.
- 58% of content B2B marketers consider ‘audience relevance’ the most important factor in determining content marketing effectiveness.
- High-performing companies are 2.3 times more likely to research the drivers of their buyers.
- High-performing companies are 2.0 times as likely to include the buying preferences of their Personas.
- High-performing companies are 1.6 times as likely to understand the fears and challenges of their buyers.
Because you want to drive lead conversion in your sales funnel
- Companies who exceed lead and revenue goals are 4 times as likely to use Personas for demand generation than those who missed lead and revenue goals.
- Top performing companies have mapped 90% or more of their customer database by Persona.
- 93% of companies who exceed lead and revenue goals report segmenting their database by Persona.
- 56% of companies have created higher quality leads using Personas.
- 36% of companies have created shorter sales cycle using Personas.
- 24% of companies gained more leads using Personas.
- It is more effective to target cold leads with Persona based content than targeting warm leads without using Persona based content (58% versus 45%).
Because you want better conversion in your marketing channels
- Persona based content increased customer engagement almost six-fold when targeting cold leads (10% versus 58%).
- Using Personas increases email open rate 2-5 times.
- Email Click-Through-Rate (CTR) increased by 14%.
- Email conversion rate increased by 10%.
- Email revenue increased 18 times (compared to broadcast emails).
- Website traffic increased by 210%.
- Website generated leads increased by 97%.
- Website generated sales increased by 124%.
- Organic search traffic increased by 55%.
- Online marketing generated opportunities increased by 73%.
- Campaign generated top-of-funnel inquiries increased by 721%.
Ready to hit the dance floor and get the party started? We did already. And we foresee a bright future for Buyer Persona adoption. Conversion improvement rates are in the triple digits. At this speed, the Persona adoption rate will soon be too.